Press Release - April 03, 2013
Velocity Technology Solutions Introduces IBM Power Systems Universal Cloud Services at COMMON 2013
NEW YORK – April 3, 2013 – Velocity Technology Solutions, Inc. (Velocity), a leader in enterprise and business application services, fully-managed and protected within a Velocity Cloud will introduce Cloud Services for IBM Power Systems at COMMON 2013. COMMON 2013 is the annual meeting and exposition of the world's largest professional association of IBM technology users. Velocity also announced that it has been selected to present five education sessions at the conference. COMMON 2013 will be held from April 7 – 10 at the Austin Convention Center in Austin, Texas. For more information about Velocity’s managed application and disaster recovery services for IBM i, IBM Power Systems and other business applications, visit Velocity at booth 319.
Velocity provides industry leading cloud-based application and disaster recovery services that deliver exceptional speed and resiliency for IBM i and IBM Power Systems. The company runs Managed Application Services for Oracle and Infor on IBM i for more customers than any other managed service provider (MSP). In addition, Velocity remotely manages applications on IBM technology. Velocity has specialized expertise in providing Managed Disaster Recovery solutions for IBM i systems and is the leading service provider of data vaulting services for IBM i.
Velocity Cloud Services is a comprehensive solution of enterprise software, complementary applications, and analytics with supporting platform and infrastructure services offered in a private, secure and resilient cloud. In addition, Velocity Managed Disaster Recovery Services protects customers’ Velocity-hosted applications and on-premise environments to meet all recovery time and recovery point objectives. Velocity’s own proprietary intellectual property provides insight, control, compliance, and solutions beyond anything available in the marketplace today.
Velocity Shares IBM i Experience, Innovation with COMMON Attendees
Velocity Managed Disaster Recovery Services expert, Richard Dolewski, will present five education sessions:
- Sunday, April 7 from 2 p.m. – 3:15 p.m. “Sandy – A Disaster Declaration.” (Session 15CT, room 18A). This session will examine two simultaneous Superstorm Sandy disasters. Dolewski will lead the audience in a discussion of the internal and external influences that came into play as the scenarios unfolded.
- Monday, April 8 from 9:30 a.m. – 10:45 a.m. “Disaster Recovery Primer - Ready, Set, Plan.” (Session 22CW, room 18D). This session is for IT professionals responsible for systems availability. Using a business continuity model, the session breaks down the various components of the disaster recovery planning for availability and recovery of computing services. Attendees will be provided with recommendations and guidelines for writing a successful IT system disaster recovery plan.
- Monday, April 8 from 2:00 p.m. – 3:15 p.m. “Conducting a Best Practices Audit of IBM i.” This session will examine the Operating System, Backup, Recovery and Media Services (BRMS), LPAR, Security and Change Control.
- Tuesday, April 9 from 8:00 a.m. – 9:15 a.m. (Session 31CS, room 17B). “Stolen - An *ALLUSR Experience.” Co-presented with Carol Woodbury, President and Co-Founder of SkyView Partners, a firm specializing in security administration, compliance management software, and security consulting and remediation services for the IBM i and AIX. This session will cover how to develop and effectively invoke an incident response plan. Real-life incidents and scenarios will be presented.
- Tuesday, April 9 from 11:00 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. “Don't Fall with the Fallen.” (Session 33CQ, room 16B). This session will cover the Top 10 pitfalls of backup and recovery supported by lessons learned from actual disasters and near misses. Attendees will gain an understanding of the fundamentals of disaster recovery system planning.
About Velocity Technology Solutions
Velocity Technology Solutions is a leader in enterprise and business application services, fully- managed and protected within cloud. It is dedicated to lowering operational costs, providing industry-leading service levels and improving software performance while reducing the burden on IT staff and enabling deployment flexibility. Velocity provides cloud solutions for enterprise applications with high levels of performance. Expertise managing software 24/7, combined with proprietary technology that enhances availability, security, and control, make Velocity the trusted partner for rapidly and securely deploying application investments into a secure and resilient cloud.
Velocity is headquartered in New York with facilities in Minneapolis, Seattle, Denver, Tampa, London (Canada), and Glasgow (Scotland). Velocity is a portfolio company of Silver Lake Sumeru, a global leader in private equity investments in growth-oriented technology and technology-enabled companies (for additional information on the firm and its entire portfolio, visit www.silverlake.com). For more information on Velocity: visit www.velocity.cc.
Chief Marketing Officer
Velocity Technology Solutions
Ogilvy Public Relations